2014 the Year of the Losers

Alrighty folks.  It’s that time of year when we make goals and resolutions…and the majority of people want to lose weight. 
I, myself, only have about 40 or so pounds left until my goal weight and I just want to be done so bad!!  I’ve decided to make it a group effort.  There is power in numbers, afterall.
I’m sure we’ve all heard the saying “I can do anything for X amount of time”…well, here’s our chance to prove it!  I want to start a 31 day challenge, for the month of January.  Who’s with me?  I’m planning on staying on track, 100%, for 31 days with my diet.  I’m planning on going to the gym or getting some sort of exercise 6 days a week.  (Yep, 6.  It’s not hard to go for a light walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes.)
Now, your 31 day challenge doesn’t have to be like mine.  Maybe you want to challenge yourself to no sweets for 31 days, or no soda.  Maybe you want to get your veggie servings in everyday.  Whatever it is, to help you on the road to health, you should join!
I’m not sure how many of you have heard of a website called Dietbet.  Well, it’s pretty neat.  It’s a social dieting website where you place $25 in the pot, you submit your initial weigh in (with photos of you with exercise clothes on, and your scale with your feet and a word that they’ll assign), you can check in during the month, and at the end, all players who have lost 4% of their starting weight split the pot.  It’s that simple, and super motivating.  I’ve participated in two…which I didn’t win because the end weigh in window was while I was in Hawaii.  But this time, I will be one of the ones splitting the pot. J If you want to check out more on Dietbet here's the website: http://www.dietbetter.com/
So, I’ve started a Dietbet that will start on January 4th (The challenge itself will start on the 1st, the Dietbet will start on the 4th to allow time to recover from the holiday J.) and end on the 31st.  It will help to be a motivator for those who are hoping to lose weight.  We’ll also have a Facebook group to just help support through the challenge.  I’ll plan on posting something every day, and if you need some encouragement, motivation or just a pat on the back, go ahead and post something too.  It’s a group for everyone who wants to change their life, and gain a healthy lifestyle in 2014.
If you’re interested in joining the 31 day challenge, email me at isawemjay@gmail.com or message me on Facebook.  There isn’t any pressure, you don’t have to check in with anything, it’ll just be nice to have a support system.  (If there are enough participants we’ll do another one for February…and maybe there will be a prize?)
To join the Dietbet (this isn’t necessarily part of the challenge, just something to help motivate) click here:
To join the Facebook group “2014 the Year of the Losers” click here:
Again, if you just want to join the challenge, not doing Facebook or Dietbet, just email, text, call or comment here.  I’ll figure out how to check up on you. J

Well, good luck friends!  2014 will be an exciting year.  And remember you can do ANYTHING for 31 days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Farewell to 60

My Goals...NOT Resolutions

First Off...Introductions