The Biggest Loser and Me

Yes, friends, I applied for The Biggest Loser.....5 times! haha

It's always been a goal of mine to help people, any way that I can.  I started to realize that I couldn't really do that in the state that I was in.  I needed to get healthy, I needed to take care of me first, before I could do anything else.  So, applying for the show was an obvious decision.
I never wanted to really be on The Biggest Loser.  What I mean is, is that I wanted to lose weight, not be famous or wear spandex in front of the whole country.  I did think it was cool that I could lose weight and people could watch my progress and grow with me.  If I had the money, I would have gladly gone to one of the Biggest Loser resorts out there, but I didn't have the means to do it.  Also, I didn't want my personlity and story to go to waste. haha
My first few times applying, I didn't really put anything into my application or video.  I knew I wasn't going to go far, but it was worth a shot.  Last year, I got serious.  I asked my friend, Adrie, who has her own wedding video company, if she would make a video for me.  A month and probably a million hours later, we had a winning video.  For the first time, I actually thought I was going to be on the show.
The hardest part was that I actually involved A LOT of people in the process.  We had people tell the casting directors why they thought I should be on the The Biggest Loser.  I felt like I had to get on the show, or I'd let people down.
Believe it or not, I actually got a call.  They told me that I was moving forward in the casting process and they really liked me.  I got pretty far in the whole process, up to the point where if I made it one more step I would have been in California.  (I should add here that when I got my call back I got the mentality that I was going to be on the show, so I ate WHATEVER I wanted! haha...and I gained about 10 lbs. Putting me at a whopping 282 lbs!  SO gross!!!) I was a little sad when I didn't get picked to be a contestant, but life goes on, and I tried again, with the same video as the last time, but with not as much enthusiasm.
Aaaand I got a call back.  They told me that if I applied with my dad, I basically would be on the show.  Unfortunately, my dad isn't as enthusiastic about losing weight as I have become.  So that was a no go.
With this up and down roller coaster of casting and maybes I came to one conclusion:  A person can not rely on a reality tv show to change their life.  They must do it on their own.
So in February of this year (2012) I took charge of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UberEats is my Best Friend

Good old Weber, 10 years passed

My (short) list of the worst things about losing 70 pounds