Diet? Exercise? Or both?

Now that I've come out in the open about my weight loss and involved the world, the number one question is "What are you doing?"  Diet? Exercise? Both?
To be honest...JUST diet.  Yep, no exercise has been involved.  I know at some point I'm going to have to hit the gym for toning and losing that extra stubborn fat, but as of right now I am only dieting.
But here's the thing, it's not a "diet", I mean, yes it is, I have to say no to things and all that jazz, it's a lifestyle change.  Over the past few months I have learned what really I should, or shouldn't be eating.
Yes, Take Shape For Life is a program.  I do buy food every month, but it's teaching me habits.  Habits that once I'm off the program's food, will stay with me and help me keep the weight off.
My routine:
I work everyday at 8:30 (or when school is going, I have class at 8:30).  On my way there I eat a bar (program food) and drink a whole bottle of water.  If I have enough time before I have to leave I'll make my self oatmeal or eggs, which are both program food.  I'm supposed to eat every two to three hours, so if I'm still at school I'll eat another bar or I'll make a pudding or shake (if you guessed that these were program food, you were right!) if I'm at work.  2-3 hours later I make soup (program food), and 2-3 hours after that I'll have something else (honestly there are tons of options with TSFL!)
When I get home I make my "Lean and Green" meal.  It usually consists of a turkey burger, some ketchup and some variety of greens.  I will have some tuna every once in a while.  One of the cool things about this program is that I don't have to worry about not eating before I go to bed, so I can have my last tsfl meal before I go to sleep, it's usually a brownie or a cookie (yep, you sweet toothers out there, you heard me correctly!)  An important thing to remember to have all the time is water!  I drink at least 4 or 5 bottles of water a day...which is hard, because I LOVE my diet soda, but it's proven to be such a benefit to my weight loss.
I also have snacks that I can have a few times a day, and that can be something like a sugar free popsicle or a snack food I bought through TSFL.
Obviously, there are times when I am faced with going out to lunch or going out for dinner.  It's nice when I'm able to plan in advance, but sometimes I can't.  I don't panic when I enter a restaurant, because there is always the salad option.  Here's an eating out TIP that I learned my very first week on the program that Nick taught me: order your salad, make sure that you order it the way that YOU want that is kosher with your diet, have the dressing on the side and also ask for a to go box with it.  Once you get your salad, immediately put half of it in the box.  The salads at restaurants (any of you Biggest Loser fans will know this) have way too many calories, sometimes more then what your friends have ordered.  Just eat smart, in the end, we all know what is good for us.
And there you have it folks, my routine.  Not too hard.  Yes I do miss the occasional cheeseburger, or taco, but I've learned to be okay with it, I'm seeing the results I want, and once I reach my goal, I'll let myself have a cheeseburger here and there.

There are some important things that I have learned about how to eat and what to cut out or add, but I'll do a separate post for that.

Also, for those of you who think you may be interested in this program I am always more then willing to talk to you also you can go to Nick's website: http://www.loseweightfeelsgreat.com/ or the TSFL website: www.tsfl.com.  No, I am not trying to sell you on this program!  Just letting you know what I've been doing.  No pressure to do anything.  And I promise, my blog won't become one big advertisement for TSFL because that could just be annoying. haha :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Farewell to 60

A Letter

First Off...Introductions