My (short) list of the worst things about losing 70 pounds

I recently read an article about the worst things aboutlosing 70 pounds, and I wanted to write my own.  You’d think that losing 70 pounds would be all hunky dory, but there are some downsides:
  1. Compliments are hard.  My self esteem is changing, yes, but it’s not changing as fast as my body is.  I still see myself as the fat girl, so sometimes when people compliment me, I literally do not know what to do, and I get awkward, really awkward.  Haha I’m just embarrassing. 
    • I had to add an additional one that is related.  Attention from men, another thing I’m super awkward with.  I mean, I’ve always been the girl that guys just jokingly flirt with, and I’d “jokingly” flirt back…but now it’s real.  I mean, I can handle my own…but in the end, I’m pretty sure I’m just awkward.  haha
  2. I don’t trust my body.  Other people do, but I don’t.  Yeah, I’ve lost 70 pounds, and yeah I’m working on getting fit, but really, can my body handle huge hikes, and jumping out of planes, and going wakeboarding?  Probably.  But, I have to psych myself up to do it.
  3. The scale is no longer something that sits in my bathroom and collects dust.  It glares at me, daring me to just try it out, and see how I’m doing.  Even during “breaks” it’s always there. 
  4. Clothes are SUPER expensive.  I’m sorry, but I’m not going to buy a million new pairs of jeans every time I drop a pant size.  I’m not going to buy a whole new wardrobe for every 10 pounds lost.  I have tried to keep up so that I don’t look like frump girl…but it’s just expensive.  So, I wear clothes that I wore when I was close to 300 pounds…and they are now tunics, but it works.  Haha

    "I was frump girl...up until...now."  haha  Name that movie.  :)
    Proving that tunics are still in...because they have to be.  I posted a picture like this in 2012.  The right is me today, top is summer 2009, bottom September (I think) 2012.  All the same shirt, because I have to.  haha  :)
In the end, the great things, obviously, outweigh the “worst” things, but the “worst” things are things that you don’t really think about.  I’m sure everyone’s list is a little different. 


Sometime soon, I’ll have a post about the weirdest things about losing 70 pounds.  This is something I’ve been working on since I first started losing weight, and trust me, it’s a lot more interesting of a list than the “worst”.

Comments

  1. Em, you are doing great! The fact you have been able to keep going through the hard spots is amazing. You are wonderful for sharing this journey with others, I love being a supporter and I hope you know what an inspiration you are. I'm not on a weight loss journey but reading your blog brings a bright spot to my day. You are real and you are strong and you are willing to share with others. Thanks!
    Lisa Sunderland Robison

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Farewell to 60

First Off...Introductions

A Letter