I found my people

I always thought I knew where home was:  North Ogden, Utah.  Well, I was wrong.  The second we landed in Hawaii, I felt like a piece of me was restored.  I didn't even know it was missing, but I found it.  Hawaii has my heart, and if I have it my way, someday I will return...permanently. :)

I didn't end up skydiving, it was raining pretty hard almost the whole day we had planned to do it.  But I'm not bummed about it, we have skydiving here.  It would have been cool, but we got to do some other things that we hadn't initially planned.


I took over 200 photos, and there's no way I can add them all here, so here's just a snapshot of a few of the memories.  I couldn't have asked for a better experience.  I was in my element, with my loved ones, in paradise.


This one is just to show how happy I was.  I was comfortable in my skin, happy as a clam.
I'm so homesick now! haha

In regards to my journey:  Before I left I was .5 lbs away from loosing 70 pounds...so close!  I wasn't about to worry about food when I was over there so I knew I would gain.  We ate HUGE for basically every meal, so it wasn't normal, everyday eating.  But, I 100% enjoyed myself and didn't even worry.  I also 100% enjoyed the macadamia nut pancakes from Papa Ole's, the Shem's Burger from 7 Brothers, the Hawaiian shaved ice, the apple-bananas, mango, and other amazing foods and treats we encountered. :)

As of right now I have about 4 pounds to lose to get back to where I was.  That's going to be a breeze.  I don’t regret any of it at all. 

Hawaii gave me a new zest.  I feel more confident.  I can do anything I put my mind to.  So here’s to the future!

Comments

  1. You truly are an amazing woman. I look up to you. It may be from a distance as I haven't seen you in what feels like ages, but I do indeed look up to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Farewell to 60

My Goals...NOT Resolutions

First Off...Introductions